Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Not really a quiz but still. . . . .

69 words

Speed test



So, I've been consumed with that time sucking addiction that is Ravelry especially the Ravelry Games Group. Sigh. I'm such a geek. I have so much fun with word play games though and that's what this group is all about. DH thinks it's a hoot to see me on the forum. Oh well.

I'm all into AI again this year. I have to say though, I don't know what the fuss is about. Randy, Paula and Simon keep speaking about how "it's the best season of American Idol ever!" Really? Huh, I just don't see it that way. I am also really surprised that there are so many contestants that have had other singing careers and yet they are in the competition anyway. I mean some of them have had recording contracts before. I guess it's within the rules but, I think the opportunity should be given to people who have never had that chance. Oh well, what do I know?

I must say though that David Cook's performance last night was one of the best performances I have ever seen on the show. I think his vocals where spot on and his arrangement/interpretation of the song was so current and, as the judges say so often, very very relative to today's music scene. Missed it? Well, here ya go:



He's a bit of a hottie in that song, dontcha think? I don't know what Simon is thinking but he definitely had charm and charisma with that performance. Do you all think they will release a full version of that song on iTunes or just that little bit from the show? I hope they do the full version because I really want to get it. Even DH thought that he did really well with the song's arrangement and performance. So, there ya go.

I guess I haven't done my "who's going home" predictions this year have I? OK, better late than never. From the guy's last night, I think that Luke and Danny should go home but since Danny is this year's Sanjaya, then Luke and maybe Michael will go. It's a toss up for me between Michael and Jason. But I hope I am wrong and Danny goes.

My neighborhood just started a book club. We are meeting on our first book next week. We read "Nineteen Minutes" by Jodi Piccoult. Wowza! Good but intense read. I want to read some of her other titles but I need to stay on course with book club so I might use another of her titles as a "between" book. We haven't decided what we are going to read next but among the ones we are talking about choosing are:

The Glass Castle; The Next Thing on my List; Water for Elephants.

I'm also going to suggest 1000 Splendid Suns as that was recommended to me by a friend.

What are you reading now? Do you belong to a book club? Can you read and knit at the same time? If so, how? Do you take your knitting to your book club meetings?

3 comments:

Katherine said...

I agree - that performance gave me goosebumps, which only happens once in a blue moon.

I'm in a book club and we read both The Glass Castle and Water For Elephants and loved them. We meet tomorrow night to talk about Three Cups of Tea - non-fiction, but enjoyed that too. No knitting though we do each bring a dish to share. The hostess supplies the drinks and we do have a good time. : )

paula said...

I'm watching too, and I agree they have'nt turned out to be as great as they were predicting. I don't belong to a book club but I read all the time. If you enjoy Jodi P's book, then you should read her one called Sister (I can't remember the full title, but I know sister was in it). It is a really good book, sad, and unexpected sections in it.

Sourire11 said...

Ok I'll admit. I"m a Michael fan simply because he (and his accent) is HOT.

And the one dude is seriously a drag queen. He had PURPLE HIGHLIGHTS in his hair! I mean obviously they were there because they matched his shirt but sheesh. He'll come on stage in heels before this competition is over...

I haven't watched the girls yet b/c I'm not always home on Wed nights but the guys have been very entertaining this year. Not the best but def. amusing.